Located in the heart of New York City’s Financial District, GrappleBox is a martial arts & fitness academy that combines Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Kickboxing into one killer workout! Do you feel like you’re not really learning anything at your weekly cardio kickboxing class? Get into the best shape of your life by learning the fastest growing martial arts which helped spawn the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
At GrappleBox, it is common for students to have different goals. Whether you’re tired of the same routine at the gym, wish to compete at the highest level or are simply looking for a fun new way to get fit, GrappleBox is the place. Our classes are based on progressive development for all levels, so everyone is able to participate. We strive to build balance & confidence in our students through our 101 Program.
A complete martial artist has no holes in their arsenal. We will teach you how to defend yourself on all levels. Our 101 Program teaches the 4 fundamental elements of hand-to-hand self-defense.
1) STRIKING: Maintaining safe distance on your feet through proper use of punches, kicks, elbows & knees.
2) GRAPPLING: Using the disciplines of Judo, Wrestling & the Muay Thai clinch to protect yourself in close quarters situations.
3) GROUND FIGHTING: Using the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to effectively protect yourself, control your opponent & safely get back up to your feet if the fight goes to the ground. A strong foundation in BJJ fundamentals should be an essential part of everyone’s training experience. We cover classic self defense scenarios in different situations to make BJJ for everyone!
4) MARTIAL SCIENCE: How to avoid a physical altercation altogether using highly developed thinking, awareness of your surroundings, body language & verbal judo, also developing your “Fight IQ” (how to win before the first strike is ever thrown) in the worst case scenario when a fight is unavoidable.
Aside from helping you to achieve your goals, our 101 Program will have you looking good, feeling good, & making some new friends while you learn how to kick butt!
We believe that Jiu Jitsu (Japanese for “gentle art”) is good for the soul. The core of Jiu Jitsu revolves around developing one’s ability to relax under high pressure situations, allowing us to make quicker, more educated decisions with a higher rate of success. We believe this skill is vital not just to success in martial arts, but in all facets of life. Whether you’re a seasoned competitor or a first-timer, we welcome all to come train at GrappleBox.
A Strong Team
We believe that pressure makes diamonds, which is why we also offer a competitive team environment for students looking to test their skills in addition to our 101 Program.
- We have access to a fully equipped cross-fit facility to integrate strength & conditioning regimes into our training.
- FREE private lockers available during class.
- 8 private shower & bathroom cubicles to ensure the highest standard of hygiene & timeliness when it comes to post-training departure.
- FREE filtered water fountain.
- Lounge area with couch & sofa chairs.
- FREE WiFi.
Professor Chris Reymann
Originally from Sunset Park, Brooklyn, Chris is a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under legendary fighter of the BJJ founding Gracie family, Master Renzo Gracie (6th Degree Blackbelt), & world renown BJJ coach Professor John Danaher (coach to leading athletes including 2 Division UFC Champion “Georges St-Pierre”). Chris is fluent in Portuguese, having trained for 7 years in Brazil under international BJJ champions Alexandre “Gigi” Paiva, The Vieira Brothers, & Charles De Franca. Chris is an active BJJ competitor & multiple time IBJJF & NAGA champion. Also a personal trainer with over 15 years experience, Chris has a wide variety of clients ranging from special populations & senior citizens, to Olympic level & professional athletes. Chris enjoys sharing knowledge & says he learns much from his students.
Classes & What You Need To Participate
Classes are 18+. All BJJ classes are Gi & No-Gi.
We often have special guest instructors, including professional fighters from the top promotions & tournaments in the World (UFC, ONE Championship, Bellator MMA, Mundials, ADCC, Pan Ams).
YOUR FIRST CLASS IS ON US! SIGN UP NOW TO TRY IT FREE!
Consists of Muay Thai Kickboxing Pad Work, No-Gi BJJ & Calisthenics
(Comfortable workout clothes & Boxing Gloves. FREE Gloves are available to use during class.)
|MON, TUES, WED & THURS||10:30 AM-12 PM, 8-9 PM|
BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU
IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation) Tournament tested techniques & drills.
(Rash Guard or Gi. FREE Kimonos are available to use during class.)
|MON, TUES, WED & THURS||10:30 am – 12 pm, 8 – 9 pm|
One-on-one & Private Group Classes. CONTACT FOR MORE INFO…
Based on a bio-mechanical assessment of one’s needs vs. goals, which means “You can’t get what you want unless you know what you need to succeed!” CONTACT FOR MORE INFO…
– All packages include both GrappleBoxing & BJJ classes.
– All packages can be upgraded or downgraded upon your request by emailing us at email@example.com
PROMOTIONAL GRAND OPENING RATES & PACKAGES – FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! CALL TO REGISTER NOW!
|Single Class||$29. 99|
|2 classes a week||$125 / mo.|
|3 classes a week||$150 / mo.|
|Unlimited training/td>||$199 / mo.|
|5 class package (expires 60 days)||$135|
|10 class package (expires in 90 days)||$255|
|Double Dragon Deal||15% OFF any regular package for both students when you sign up with a partner|
|Refer A Friend||20% OFF any regular package when you refer a friend who signs up for a regular package|
Memberships can be frozen on the 1st or 15th of the month with a 30-day notice. Memberships can be frozen for a minimum of 4 weeks at a time and a maximum of 4 months per year. There is a $25/month fee for freezes.
We are conveniently located across the street from the Fulton St. Subway Station, & less than 4 blocks from the Path Train for New Jersey residents.
NYC Subway: A, C, J, Z, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 trains to Fulton St. Follow signs for William St. & Fulton Street, SW corner exit.
Path Train to World Trade Center.
151 William St, New York, NY 10038
In the basement of Oculus CrossFit
Manhattan’s Financial District